Thursday, October 29, 2015

Things to see and places to go #2: Saldanha MTB Trail SAS Saldanha Nature Reserve

The SAS Nature Reserve in the Military grounds at Saldanha offers an MTB trail suitable for walkers and runners as well as cyclists. Although it is part of the Military area, entry is open to the public providing there is no red flag flying to indicate shooting practice. Entrance is free. The road through the veld follows the coastline so there are awesome views across the Bay, and there are some paths down to the rocky coast. It is a nature reserve, and there will be snakes so I wouldn't go bundu bashing or walking along paths where I can't see the ground in front of my feet.  When I was there in summer time I did find some ticks afterwards, so it would be a good idea to check your bodies carefully after walking through these trails. As a person who enjoys nature, and views, and surf pounding on the rocks, I found the SAS Saldanha Nature Reserve to be well worth a visit.






 

No comments: